Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Soul's of Black Folks.

Happy Black History Month! Some sixth sense must have kicked in this weekend because I started cooking a bunch of black folks food. See below. By the by, there are a bunch of shots of collards because I think they're gorgeous. And shit it's my month, I can do what I want, hahaha.

I rolled about 4-6 leaves into cigars then cut them into thin strips. 

This is about a pound and a half. 

There goes Mr. Steamy. I put a few shrimp in the mix.

Meanwhile, on another burner. Black Eyed Peas from scratch simmering w red onion & green pepper.

I added the steamed collards to a butter, garlic, kosher salt, chopped peanut sauce. It's the best!

Look who's back in black {eyed peas}.

Coconut Sweet Potato Custard Pie. Nuff said!







No comments:

Post a Comment