Thursday, July 21, 2011

Food Crush.

Ah Mr Bittman {cue dreamy music} . . . I must admit, I have a little crush on the man. When I see his videos on the NYTimes my heart flutters, my mouth waters, and I get all giddy inside. What can I say, the man can cook!

His recent dish was a creamy leek and garlic pesto pasta. Now as you folks know, I regretfully don't eat bacon, so I had to come up with an alternative option to make my dish pop. Low and behold, wild salmon was on sale this week, haaayyy! {You'll be seeing a lot of it by the by}

While Bittman's recipe is minimalist, it's not easy peasy. Especially when you've got a few burners going in a 90 kitchen. It was well worth the effort in the end though. 

Leeks! Dudes, make sure you clean them very throughly. 
Slice them in half a rinse downwards to get rid of dirt and sand. 

I lightly seasoned the wild salmon with some kosher salt & pimenton. 

First of all, this is my Cuisinart. This introduction is well overdue. 
Inside my friend is the leek & garlic pesto. 

Put the pesto back in the pan you sauteed the leeks & garlic in. 
You'll add the pasta and some pasta water to complete the dish.  


Hello Lovely. . .

Yeah . . . this is the shit you don't get to see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment