Thursday, July 28, 2011

Natural Beauties.

I took off from work the weekend of my birthday and had a little bbq with my sister. {Happy B'day Deeje!} As I was running errands before the bash I passed my local farmer's market on 110th & Manhattan Ave. This is the thing about working weekends, you have to dilute yourself about what you're missing out on. I was grateful to be able to stop by if even for a little while. I picked up a stunning bunch of golden carrots. 

I was so in awe of this beauties that I wasn't quite sure how to prepare them. I had also never eaten golden carrots before. So I decided to keep them light and simple to get a true sense of the vegetable. This was definitely the way to go. I first tasted a light sweetness grounded by a strong earthy flavor.


Head Game. 

I made a glaze of garlic olive oil, organic honey, cinnamon, & kosher salt. Then I drizzled it over the sliced carrots and tossed them around a bit. Lastly, I hit them with some black pepper for color contrast and a bit of zip.

Honey Roasted Carrots over Brown Rice w Ocean Perch

No comments:

Post a Comment