Monday, June 7, 2010

Are You Calling Me Yellow?!?!?

I'm sure some of you have noticed I love curry & turmeric powder. I made a quick fish & veg dish last night and I had to restrain myself from adding a dash. It's such a bright, fragrant spice it's hard to resist. Here's an amazing, yes amazing, dish I threw together last week.

I simmered some onions & peas in sauce of turmeric, garlic powder, kosher salt, cumin, cream of coco, & water. I then added some cooked basmati rice & the pan. 

                                      
I added some chopped plum tomatoes after cooking the sauce so they would retain texture & vitamins.

                                      
Lastly I mixed in some soy sausage I sliced and crisped in the oven. You can easily                                                                                 replace the sausage with a crispy tofu, real sausage, chicken, etc. Definitely a new favorite.
{Dude I don't know what's going on with the text. Sorry it's all wonky.}

No comments:

Post a Comment