Wednesday, June 16, 2010

See Them/See Me.

How I See Them/How They See Me is a new photo project I'm exploring. The basic concept is that people I take photos of will then turn the camera on me so they become the artist and I'm the subject. I usually try to give back to friends and strangers I photo by sending them unedited jpegs. This project takes it one step further since participants will not only have images of themselves but work they created. I have to say this new project is definitely influenced by Marina Abramovic's show at the MoMA. I like the idea of having my subjects participate and there being a creative exchange. This project will also examine ideas of perception and control. I've taken a numerous amount of self portraits, but I'm rarely photoed by others. I will select the best shots that are taken from an artistic point of view, but I will not edit regardless of my opinion on how I am presented. My first participant was mon ami Garan. You may remember him from a earlier photo of the week. Here is how we see each other.







No comments:

Post a Comment