Sunday, October 11, 2009

Paris me manque . . .

I've been back from Paris for 3+ weeks now and I still have not adjusted. I adore this dirty old whore of a city, but a part of me is missing. The last trip was my third time in Paris and I can officially declare it is my new long distance love affair. I yearn for the hills of Montmartre,  Le Pantheon, boulangeries, speaking mediocre Francais, & my new friends. My journey also firmly cemented what I love most in life. Amazing food, cheap fun clothes, & good company. Here are some of my favorite spots. 
Ah, j'taime Paris, 
a bientot. . .







    
   This building was my home in Montmartre. I definitely enjoy/suggesting a flat abroad. I saved money by cooking meals, had more privacy, & felt more immersed in my district. Here's a link to the site I used: Apt Rentals in Paris.






  



Paris is a delightfully small, yet dense city. I discovered Fripes Star En Route to Marche des Enfants Rouges in Marais. It's a hop skip from Centre Pompidou. There are two locations about a 5 minute walk away from each other.   I bought 2 sweaters, 1 scarf, & a summer skirt for 21 euros!






Le jardin du Musee Carnavalet 





Le Pantheon is my new Notre Dame. This impressive building beautifully illustrates the life of Saint Genevieve, the patron Saint of Paris. I highly suggest taking a free tour to the top. You can burn off some croissant calories & admire a 360 degree views of the city. 





Rue Ramey Street Market! 









Ca a bon gout! this wickedly delicious patisserie is located in gay Marais. {those of you who Parlez Francais can appreciate the rhyme.} Legay Choc is where I had hands down the best cheesecake of my life! When I close my eyes I can still feel it's warmth and recall it's sweet, fruity, cheesy scent. So lovely! Junior's got nothin' on these guys.

Below are photos from Mi-Va-Mi, an amazing falafel restaurant in the Jewish section of Marais. I ate a falafel pocket with a side of frites. It was so delicious I remember it more than some of the desserts I had. The actual falafel wasn't too dry or greasy and it was paired with shredded cucumber, marinated beets, grilled eggplant, lettuce & tomato. Heavenly!











Art & Ads . . .




















Moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment