Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mr Steamy.

So, unfortunately, if you haven't seen the informercial product the subtle hilarity of this title is lost on you. My family celebrated Christmas at my sister's apt in BK. She prepared a delicious spread and I felt full for days. My Mom, my sister, and I all have different approaches to food which is brilliant because I always pick up some new ideas when we spend time together. {food is a regular subject.} One of the stand out, "ah that's a good idea," dishes was steamed salmon. I found myself thinking, wait why don't I have a steamer? It would certainly make shit easier and healthier. I think it's also a merit badge on my Food Nerd Merit Badge Sash. {Shit, now I actually want one of them.}

As you can imagine, I've been steaming veggies like crazy. First bunches upon bunches of broccoli then I moved onto every kid's favorite, brussel sprouts.

Meet the newest addition to the kitchen gadget family.

Gorgeous!

I sliced the piping hot brussels in half then sauteed them in a 
pan with butter, red onions, chopped garlic, and sea salt. 

So f'n good!




No comments:

Post a Comment