Thursday, January 13, 2011

There are Some Benefits to Laziness.

I bought a whole mess of kale last week. To be frank, I wanted to eat it but didn't really feel like chopping the shit up, putting in a pot, and checking on it periodically. Now that's pretty pathetic, I know. But it also led to this stroke of genius.

I bought some salmon steaks & cut them in half. I also cut off a few heaps of kale. I'd say about 12-15 leaves. Watch out for that wet floor!

Then I sprinkled them with Lawry's {feelin lazy!} and some garam masala. Next I nestled the salmon in between two pieces of kale, like a sandwich you shouldn't eat. 

There goes Mr. Steamy. I placed the extra leaves of kale on the bottom of the steamer, then covered, and let it cook for I'd say 15-20 minutes. Don't quote me on that.

Luscious! 

The great thing about steamed fish & veg is that you can eat as much mac & cheese as you want! 




No comments:

Post a Comment